Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Wise college students once said.....

Last week 3 friends and I met for our first creative writing group. We brought a sampling of our "works." I brought along witty and impressive quotes my college friends and I jotted down along our 4-6 year journey! Who knew we're so smart?!?! Enjoy!

"A man that does not ask does not have." --RHW

"I'm to that point, but I didn't say I was quitting!" --ABV

"If you can't hear the truth from friends, then who can you hear it from." --WM

"There are just as many bad apples in the church as there are good apples in the world." --AMR

"Life's problems are not easily solved; a better floor wax or deodorant
is not going to help." --ALL

"Fun leads to trouble and trouble leads to guilt!" --KEBS

KEB: "Kidney disease or a clear complexion?"
AMR: "Go for the clear complexion, I'll give you a kidney!"

"The moment you think no one's looking everyone's staring at you." --LEH

"If you are going to be forward, you have to be presumptuous!" --AMR

"It's easy to be independent when you have someone to catch you when you fall." --ALL

"Out of every bad experience comes a good learning experience." --KEB

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger LB said...

be sure you post the scripture you used to read before going out...that one was priceless...you've inspired me to actually post something on my blog! I don't have time now, though, because I have to leave to come get you so we can DANCE!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger amanda said...

If anyone's curious as to what scripture LB's referring to, it's
Proverbs 23: 31-35 and goes something like this:

"Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind imagine confusing things. You will be the one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging. 'They hit me', you will say, 'but I am not hurt.' 'They beat me, but I can't feel it.' When will I wake up so I can find another drink."

Be responsible!

A.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Al said...

Hey...is ALL me?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger amanda said...

yep, that's you! don't you remember saying that?!?!
i think it was from one of your marketing classes. and why I remember that, i have no idea! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home