Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Sunday, May 11, 2008

bistro meals

With a gallon of gas costing more than a Happy Meal, I've found myself eating in more and getting creative with items on the outer ring of the grocery. So, today, I created a tasty, healthy, aesthetically pleasing meal in my own little bistro kitchen. It's all about the presentation!

Sandwich--smoked turkey, monty jack cheese, spinach, and avocado on a toasted asiago roll

Paired with: Butternut squash--which I've never tried before, but it's amazingly easy to nuke in the microwave and tastes great sprinkled with brown sugar.

Washed down with: cold glass of milk, although a glass of chardonnay would probably be even better!

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home