Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Friday, May 12, 2006

germaphobe nation

I had a metropolitan observation. I stopped by the auto mechanic shop
to get the oil changed in my car. I don't just go to any ol QuikieLube. My shop is a mom & pop operation and you may as well expect to see Goober waving when you drive up. Today, I noticed this young pup had on rubber gloves. Seriously? You're supposed to have dirt and grime under your nails! My, oh my, I see we've come a long way since the 60's!

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger fabricsnob said...

if you need reassurance, find my brother at OC on Sunday and check out his hands. They haven't been completely grime-free since he started working for TN Offroad.
Maybe the dude at your place has a peculiar grease allergy...?

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger amanda said...

one of my coworkers said mechanics are opting for rubber gloves now b/c of toxins from grease, oil, etc, that permeate the skin. makes sense, but it still looked kinda funny to see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home