Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Molecular Gastronomy

And I bet you're thinking what the hell is molecular gastronomy, right?! (A fine phrase I'm going to incorporate into my vocabulary) According to Yahoo! Oddly Enough today some chef named Blumenthal says it's an advanced technique to deliver unusual taste combinations. This restaurant in London, The Fat Duck, got high marks, Top 10 if you will, for one of the world's best restaurants. So, what's the prize dish you might ask? Not leg of lamb garnished with a side of succotash. Nope, not filet mignon with a cherry composte that marries well with cabernet sauvignon. Yes, it's sardine on toast sorbet! I'm vacationing in London this year and although I'm a huge fan of weird delicacies like peanut butter/banana/pickle sandwiches and salmon roe, thank God for the golden arches!

A.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I have always heard that English food is bland. It must be proof that they consider sardines on toast to be a delicacy.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I'll just stick to fish n chips and a few pints of ale!
Blech. Sorbet and sardines have nothing in common, but the letter 'S'!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger LB said...

What wine would you serve with that? We ned to send it in to pretentious wine woman and find out!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger CHADDDD said...

The last time I was in London I ate at Chili's (since Britian is renowned for its southwestern cuisine). It was incredibly bland. I don't see how sardines on toast could ever be considered a delicacy unless you've spent the last six months stranded on a deserted island.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home