Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Friday, July 22, 2005

Ode to Cold Storage

So, the delivery folks just brought my new fridge. After 5 years, the old one started its decline in the Spring and, myself in denial, I thought it would miraculously heal itself in time. Not a chance. So, I finally sucked it up and purchased one for roughly what it would have cost to contract a posse of fridge geeks to replace the compressor and other parts unknown to me. And in addition to the $50 delivery fee, I had to pay $20 because I have more than 6 steps to my house and this fridge wouldn't fit in the back door (2 steps). My continuous flirty banter and pottery barter didn't even work as payment either. Good to know I'm paying these fellas health and disability insurance when they blow a lumbar disc! Tonight, I'm celebrating cold storage with a trip to the grocery store for cookie dough ice cream!

1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Mmmmm...cookie dough ice cream...now I'm feeling hungry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home