Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Thursday, May 26, 2005

100% all beef patty?

I rarely eat at McDonald's, mainly because there are a wealth of other non-franchise, local eateries I like a whole lot better, but occasionally I find myself there if I'm ravenous and possibly delusional. Yesterday I had the great American meal--cheeseburger, salty fries, and small Coke. About 15 minutes after first bite, I was having second thoughts. I inspected the last couple of bites of "beef" patty reminiscent of the gray disc they call edible in the school cafeteria and then decided I really did want to know the ingredients of the alleged all-beef patty. I Googled "ingredients of McDonald's hamburger" and got this site:
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition. I found it's 100% all beef, USDA inspected, with no additives, fillers, or extenders. Hmm. I was expecting another definition like "100% lard, E-grade "beef", unbutton the top button of your pants for the expanding waistline, and has enough preservatives to cure roadkill." Oh well, I still don't think I'll be eating much more than a famous McDonald's Coke or fruit & yogurt parfait, but it's an interesting find.
Check out the list of ingredients for the Sausage Breakfast Burrito!

A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home