Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Reading is sexy!

(Title line compliments of Melody for that hilarious logo t-shirt you found!)
Today is just one of those days where I would rather be lounging poolside with 2 books I'd like to finish. So, I made a list of books I've been wanting to read. Maybe I should coordinate a read-a-thon?!? In no particular reading order:

Searching for God Knows What--Donald Miller

Mark of the Lion Series

The Bell Witch

Chronicles of Narnia --CS Lewis (preferably by the time the movie releases, but I know my reading track record!)

Skinny Legs and All -- Tom Robbins

Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

The Scarlet Letter (because I haven't read since 9th grade)

Silas Marner (because I haven't read since 7th grade)

East of Eden --Steinbeck

Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde

My Year of Meats --Ruth Ozecki

Speaking with the Angel and A Long Way Down --Nick Hornby

A Case for Christ

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 & 3 --Anne Brashears (yes, I'm a cheeseball!)

a Jane Austen novel (prompted by recent visit to England, of course!)

And I'm pretty sure this list will change faster than Harry Potter can apparate!

A.

6 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I've read HP 6 and the Broker. HP6 is good..the Broker is pretty good, but not my favorite Grisham novel.

Case for Christ is fascinating and I highly recommend it.

Silas Marner--a lot of the kids in my Sunday School class are reading it for their summer reading list...once they find out I read back in the high school days, they try to get me to tell them what happened. I keep telling them--you gotta read it...LOL. Not that it's a favorite of mine, mind you.

I love the reading list..I made a summer reading list to start the summer and I bet I haven't read half of the books on it as, like you, my pile of to be read changes weekly. LOL

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger amanda said...

hey, michael, hit me with your list!
michelle, i borrowed lb's Redeeming Love book 2 years ago and i'm still not finished with it! oops..maybe I should add that to my list! hee
Blue Like Jazz looks good, too, and especially since I read the last paragraph at the church supper last night!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger LB said...

Yeah, you HAVE to finish Redeeming Love...I can't believe it's taken even you this long. ;-) Michelle, I read Mark of the Lion series in 3 days...I LOVE it, and no, Vick, you can't borrow them cause goodness knows when I'd ever see them again...Now go READ!!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger amanda said...

ok, finished or not (and hopefully finished!), Redeeming Love will be returned by 11/25/05! Happy 20-10!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Mental note: Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Let me just throw in another great contemporary Christian writer...Robert Whitlow. His first five books are Christian legal thrillers and were quite the page-turners for me. I've got his new one..but alas, it's on a huge stack of books that seem to multiply when I'm not looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home