Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Friday, August 26, 2005

More Teenage Drama

So, after the first post about the "Being a Teenager" monologues I found in my attic, I decided some of these topics are just too funny and cheesy to store back in the carton. If I'm hurting for blogging material I might share more, but for now here's 3 of my classmates' narratives:

Animal Rights by Andrea
"Animals are living creatures that rely on only the few advantages they have. The one disadvantage they have is the fact that they can't state their opinions and rely on humans to know what is right and wrong. Unfortunately, many of us don't know what is right. This means that millions of animals will be slaughtered because we cared only about ourselves. The only way they can defend themselves is what they've been given, unfortunately it isn't enough to keep them alive. There are too many effortless people and too little people who care."
Hmm...this looks like the preamble to the bill we tried to pass about animal cruelty in Jr High legislature that same year!

School by Bryan
"Nine years of school and still four more years to go. Then college! I don't know if I can take it much longer! If summer doesn't get here soon, I think I'll die! My grades are low and still dropping. The teachers are really bugging me. I'm always getting into trouble for some dumb reason or sometimes no reason at all! Some teachers complain that I don't do my homework, and it's like I've got better things to do. It's a mess. For example, the other day in science class during the 5 min break, Im sitting there talking to the guy beside me. Then the bell rings. So I look around and everyone else in the room is still talking. EVERYONE! So, I turned around and kept talking. Then the teacher walks in, points at me, and the next thing I know I'm out in the hall being told I have to write off 200 times for talking. And everyone else was talking, too. Well, I guess I'll live."
Wow..I wonder if he ever made it to college?

Music by Miles
"Hey! I think I should be able to listen to what I want to. You shouldn't try to limit my music. I don't try to tell you what to listen to. You think you can control my every move. That's not right. I can think for myself. Just because some of the people drink and do drugs doesn't mean I have to copy them. I just like the music, not what some of them do. You haven't even heard what you're putting down. The only reason you are trying to make me stop listening to this is because you don't like the way it sounds. I don't like the way your music sounds. And at least I keep my music at a decent level. You turn yours all the way up. I put up with it. But when I barely turn mine up, you start complaining. You should try to like my music. I'll try to like yours even though that's almost impossible. Don't complain about my music and I won't complain about yours, O.K.?"
Ahh..teen angst! I wonder if he's now an Industry person??

A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home