Oi, mush!

a random assortment of thoughts, ideas, musings, and adventures around town

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fitness Challenge

I am always on the prowl for fun and challenging ways to exercise. Dreadmills bore me. Routines always make me feel as if I've failed if I decide to have a no-exercise day. Body, mind, and soul crave fun, endurance, and challenge. I love anything from rock climbing and kickboxing to jogging and belly dancing! So, my latest challenge is the MS Jack and Back bike ride from Franklin, TN to Lynchburg, TN on Oct 1&2. It's 50 miles both ways. I'm on a team with friends to make the recreational charity ride more fun and hopefully less painful. I think the most fun part of it is organizing (in my mind) the rides for the next 3 weeks. I have plans to bike 30 min during lunch, maybe 1 hr or so after work, discover more of these greenways everyone raves about, and the ultimate....riding Natchez Trace....well, part of it anyway! Call me crazy, but I figure if I finished a marathon I can do anything! So, wish me luck and pledge a dollar and, hopefully, I'll have picture proof of a successful century ride!

A.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about exercise

I have been doing hours of research on "Diabetes" and it brought me to your blog on Fitness Challenge. Anyways, amanda I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home